Monday, December 24, 2018

After-Delivery Inspection

After finding time to do a detailed inspection of the bodywork on the Tesla Model 3, I discovered a number of quality issues. There were issues with the paintwork, body panel assembly/alignment, and front hood.

Paintwork
The paintwork is generally flawless. I did find some minor marks on the body and one significant scratch. It almost appears that someone attempted to scratch away the large scratch causing the additional minor scratches.
This one is located near the driver's side headlights. I have not parked this vehicle outside of the garage. It is hard to believe that this scratch was present from the factory.

Body Panel Assembly/Alignment
The body and the door near the driver's side mirror are not aligned well. The best way to see this is from the photos and video below. For reference, I took a similar photo on the passenger side.


The last problem with the body panel alignment is the front driver's side door which I identified during delivery. This door does not align flush with the read driver's side door.


Front Hood
On the front hood, there appears to be two slight indentations next to the Telsa logo where ones hands are placed to close the front hood. See the video below to see the light transition across this indentation.


I will discuss all of these issues with my delivery representative. I'm curious if other folks have similar issues and whether Tesla addressed them after delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strange damage to rear bumper