Monday, December 24, 2018

Delivery Experience

I took delivery of a Tesla Model 3 this month. The delivery of a Tesla vehicle was a very straight forward process. It consists of vehicle inspection, 5 minutes of paperwork, and payment.

Delivery
I was prepared for this event and wanted to perform an inspection of the bodywork including paintwork as I had read articles from other customers of the delivery reps not prepping the vehicle with care. Unfortunately, living in Portland, it was a day of rain and the vehicle was wet as you see from the photo below. I did not arrive prepared with dry towels. Thus, I took my chances on the paint work. I skipped inspection on the electronics and software as I was not so concerned with them. I thought issues here could be easily addressed through warranty.
While doing an inspection, I noticed that the front driver's side door was misaligned from the rear door. I will have more detailed photos of this on another post. I figured that this was a simple adjustment issue and requested the delivery representative to take a photo which he gladly did.
I also noticed that one of the doors was more difficult to close than the others. It required a noticible more forceful push. This again was something that I figured could be adjusted after delivery.

Paperwork and Payment
The paperwork took less than 5 minutes to complete. The forms were already filled and required mostly signatures from me. After the paperwork, I submitted the payment and took ownership of the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strange damage to rear bumper